Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Kaeden "The Hobbit" Christenson



So, this has been a big week for our little guy. He had his 2 month check up at the doctor's office, here's his stats: 23 inches long, 14 lbs 11 oz and has a 40 1/2 cm dome! He eats between 4 and 6 ounces every 3 hours or so...needless to say, we no longer call him our munchkin but our little Hobbit! :-)

He also had his shots, and Momma accidently snipped his finger while clipping his nails, so the holiday season isn't very happy at the moment...he's been pretty fussy the past two days, but I don't blame him. I would be if I'd had so many people poking and snipping at me, too.

Grandma Christenson (Kevin's mom) is in town for Christmas, and she's just loving being the Grandparent. We went shopping at Macy's yesterday, and as he was sore from his shots, he didn't like to stay in the stroller for long so she would take him on walks around the store. I went around shopping for clothes for Kevin, and would see her occassionally talking to people saying, "This is my grandson, isn't he so cute?! He's the first, and we're so proud of him, it's just such a joy!" I got a great laugh, cuz she was telling anyone who looked in her direction! I'm glad she's enjoying it so much, I felt bad he was so fussy...

Meantime we've been stocking the fridge and our closets, getting lots done shopping wise for the holidays, enjoying the carolers that have been coming by, and laughing at my attempts to make holiday treats and failing miserably. I do try to be domestic, making peanut brittle or caramel corn, but somehow things just go badly. the brittle never made it past the gooey phase, the caramel corn was more like soggy corn and shrank to half it's original size...sigh...

I'm the only person I know who can ruin bread in a bread machine and not get perfect rice from the rice cooker - I don't know why I attempt other things, I must be slightly masochistic. But the tree must have lights, the mantle must have stockings, and the holidays must have treats, so I get in the kitchen and try :-)

3 comments:

Danielle said...

he's getting so big! Aren't grandma's funny?? My mom's the same way, her fave thing to do when she was that size was to walk around the mall and show her off, lol.
Good for you trying! Ya gotta keep on truckin!

Heidi said...

He's so chunky!! I love it!! My mom does the same thing, and she's got 15 now!! They never get tired of it. Keep trying with the treats. Find something that works and just do that every year. :o) That's what I do!

Brady and Jess said...

Oh Tink, you are more domestic than you give yourself credit for! Kaeden is adorable. We will have to plan another trip soon to see him (weather permitting) since the gas prices are so awesome...take advantage! Miss you...hope you had a great Christmas!