Thursday, December 4, 2008

Back to School

I feel like I've stepped into a lost episode of "Welcome Back Kotter" (hilarious show by the way!). Yesterday was my first day back to school, and everyone was so excited to see me. The teachers were singing and dancing that they didn't have to help keep my kids under control, and the students were yelling and screaming, well, cuz that's what they do! :-) Not really, but they were on their best behavior and working hard all day yesterday. Today however...apparently the honeymoon period is over already...sigh...

Apparently my kids went through 4 substitutes while I was gone. Bothers me only because then my directions and lesson plans got lost in the shuffle, and NONE of the grading got done. I kid you not, my stack of papers to be graded was atleast 6 inches high! I know substitutes generally don't like to do much, but honestly, if you're taking a position for more than a day or two, grading is part and parcel! The kids are really concerned about their grades, which I'm trying to quickly figure out with all these assignments to grade - but don't worry, I'm not buried in work. I threw out everything except the last 2 weeks - I'll have that graded in a few days and back to the kids. The substitutes should have done their jobs and graded, I can't possible do all that work, so it's triage time. We're starting a new chapter next week, so I'm not looking back and doing my best to count down to Christmas Break! (only 11 school days!)

Kevins' playing Mr. Mom with Kaeden, and he's so happy when I get home cuz apparently I have a Momma's boy, he's fussy for Kevin and great for me. I'm so lucky to have a husband home with him during the day, not having to pay an arm and a leg for daycare. We're having him blessed in church this Sunday, and I have the cutest little outfit for Kaeden to wear - I'm excited. Our good friend Scott Thorne is performing the blessing, with a few other gentlemen who have really reached out to us since we've been in the Ward. Plus, I finally get to get Kevin in a suit! He looks so good all dressed up and now he has a place to go :-)

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I can't believe you're back at school! How crazy!! I'm sure your kids are glad to have you back, keep us posted about how it's going!