I can't believe how fast one year can go! Already my little baby is one. We had a simple party at the park today, and although it was windy, we all had a great time with watermelon, pizza, cake, and slides, slides, slides. He took a bit of a nap right in the middle, so we had to wait a bit to do the cake and presents, but all turned out just great. He wasn't hesitant at all to get his hands or face dirty (Kaeden still refuses to eat cake with his hands, has to be with a fork!).
Kai's favorite things as a 1-year-old:
1. Slides! Always climbing the one here at the house and whenever we are at the park, that's all he wants to do.
2. Balls. Any kind, he pushes them around on the floor, scooting after. He's also learning how to play catch.
3. Butt-scooting. Although we are working on him walking, crawling was not on his list, he just butt-scoots around.
4. The bath. Both my boys come running (scooting in his case) when that water turns on.
5. Milk. He transitioned from formula as fast as Kaeden did and loves that sippy cup better than real food.
6. Pretzels. He is a very picky eater, but goes for that bag faster than you can blink!
7. Grapes. Both my boys are big fruit eaters, but Kai is picky, snubbing peaches and pears for the grapes every time.
8. Books. He loves to flip the pages and feel the textures of the baby books. He will sit very well in my lap and listen to me read to Kaeden at night.
9. Cuddling. He is my snuggle baby! Always wants to be held by me, or sitting on my lap. He does NOT handle anyone else being in my lap well at all.
10. Pots and pans. He loves to take the lids in is hands and scoot along the floor, or bang them together.
11. Kaeden. Nothing makes Kai laugh faster than watching Kaeden do anything. He bounces up and down and just giggles whenever Kaeden comes running by or sliding by or swinging by or...
12. Peek-a-boo. Whenever his face is covered or you pop up from somewhere, he just giggles and giggles.
Kai James, we are so happy to have you in the family! Thanks for making us smile! Love you baby!