Saturday, July 17, 2010

Birthdays

Wow, July has truly flown by. As my poor sick son lies crashed out on the couch (fever, chest congestion and new teeth. only the swing will make him happy),



I'm updating what has been happening. After the fourth came Kevin and my birthday's. His is the 10th, mine is the 11th. First we went out for sushi with our good friends Ed and Liz Thomas. I've never had it, and Kevin has only had grocery store stuff, so we were excited to try it. The restaurant had half price that night, so we all ordered something different and shared, going back for what we liked, and ordering others for what we didn't.







I liked anything that wasn't too fishy tasting. I thought I'd have to eat tons of it to get full, but it's actually more filling than you'd think, so it didn't take long for me to get stuffed. Although it's not my favorite, I'd go back if asked.

We kept things simple this year for celebrations, cards and cake. I made Kevin's cake, which Kaeden dug into with me for breakfast.


Kevin got me an ice cream cake (delicious!) so we've been loaded down with cake for a while.



And of course, we hit all the 7-11's in the neighborhood for free slurpees! (That's why my birth date is the best!)



And that's how we entered our 30's. Weird to think I'm 30, that sounds so old, but so far it's been a great three decades :-)

No comments: