Monday, May 17, 2010

Kai James Christenson

Kevin and I are pleased to announce that our newest son, Kai, is here!

Home, healthy and happy, as are we. He was born Tuesday May 11 at 7:57 am, 7 lbs 11 ounces (a full pound lighter than Kaeden!) and was 20 inches long. We were in good hands at the hospital until Saturday morning, and then came home for the next 18 years :-)

The delivery went well, I recovered more slowly this time, and find it difficult not to be able to pick up Kaeden for the time being, but all in all we're great. Kaeden had no trouble adapting to having a new little brother, he is quite the little helper.


He always lets us know when Kai is crying, runs to him and pats his belly until he stops, or tries to give him a paci or a toy to make him happy.


He likes to help with diaper changing and feeding whenever possible.



I think he is gonna be a great big brother, and am happy to have a little brother for him to eventually rough house with :-)

Kevin's mom is in town to help us out. Kevin had a couple days off while I was in the hospital, but returned to work today, so it's nice to have her around, doing all the heavy lifting (literally!) I'm happy to sit back and watch Kaeden, hold Kai and just enjoy loving my family of boys :-)

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Yes! He's adorable! Take advantage of being able to put your feet up and relax a little! I wish I could! LOL

Brady and Jess said...

Oh my gosh he is so tiny! Congrats, I'm so glad everything went well!

Boren Family said...

YAY! Congrats! He is a cutie :)