Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Independence

Kaeden has been a riot these past few weeks. He is very into copying Kevin and myself lately, as well as helping and doing things himself. Sigh...he's growing up :-) Favorite things: cleaning, cooking, feeding himself, building and knocking over blocks. He's really funny.

Whenever I cook he needs a spoon and pot of his own to stir. He sits on the floor making all sorts of noise while I get dinner ready. If I bake he needs his own oven mitts, but is very good about not getting in the way when the oven opens (one burnt finger was all it took to cure him of that curiosity!).

When I clean, he also follows me around, imitating what I do. When I dust, he needs his own 'duster' and he goes back over the piano or the tv or shelves like I do, although we also need to stop a game of 'hi-ya' from breaking out (that's swords for those of you who don't speak Kaeden). The only thing he doesn't like is the vacuum - he runs to the couch and puts his fingers over his ears until I'm done. Lately he's been trying to pull the cord out of the outlet if he thinks I take too long...gotta watch him!

Feeding himself has been fun to watch. The video is below...at first he just wanted to play with the spoon, but his aim is getting better and better!



Kaeden also loves to play with shoes. He's getting good at putting mine on my feet and tries very hard to put his own on, but the angles are a little rough still. He is quite the shoe thief, you leave yours on the floor, he'll end up walking around in them...



Today he started giving kisses...he purses his lips and leans forward, making the 'mmmm-wah' sound as he hits your cheeks or lips. He'll do this multiple times, pausing in between for you to lean forward and kiss him back. He laughs and laughs during the whole thing...totally makes my day!

No comments: