Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Turkey Day Festivities!

What a wonderful weekend! Not only did I get some time off from work (wahoo!) but we drove down to Phoenix to spend the holiday with my family down there. My grandparents hadn't seen Kaeden since he was born, and my Aunt and Uncle and their families hadn't seen him at all. My Mom and Dad also flew down, and Tieg drove over from 29 Palms as a surprise. It was awesome!

I was nervous that Kaeden wouldn't travel well, we drove down and it was the longest he's been in the car seat, but he did great. Everyone was so excited to meet him, and after about 20 minutes he discovered all the new toys and the fountain to play in, so he was great. In fact, he played and played the whole weekend, wearing himself out every day. The food was great, as always, and it was so nice to catch up with the family. My Aunt Tami turned 50 while we were there, so we threw a surprise party for her. She was planning on being in Hawaii for her 50th, but the plans fell through, so we brought Hawaii to her. We set up my grandma's house to be a big luau and, knowing us, had a whole slew of entertainment for the evening. Below is the highlight video...



Tami was totally surprised and loved the whole thing. We were so happy to provide it for her. We were also happy to announce to everyone that we are expecting our 2nd child in May! If this next one turns out anything like Kaeden, what a lucky family we will be!

We did a little Black Friday shopping at Bass Pro Shop, played a few games and ate and ate and ate. By Sunday we had to pack up and head back to Las Vegas, but we all had such a good time. Hope everyone else had such a happy and fun-filled turkey day, too!

4 comments:

Brady and Jess said...

WOW!!! Thats all i can say about that video! Glad to see you guys are jsut as crazy as ever! Your dad was hilarious..and you are quite the teacher. I kept waiting for you to do the pearly shells hula....next time! Glad you had a good holiday! And of course CONGRATS ON THE NEW BABY (even though I already knew..he he he h)

Tami said...

As the one turning 50 that day, it hurt a lot less to be so finely entertained! Thanks Ticey for all your special touches that night. Love you guys!

Jaclyn said...

Congrats on the baby! That is so exciting! You guys are more brave then me.. I needed four years before I could do two!haha

Nate and Jamie said...

WHAT?! Congrats!! That is sooo exciting! I'm so surprised but so excited for you! YEAH! :)