Saturday, October 24, 2009

Kaeden's 1st Birthday

What a week! Kaeden's first birthday was this last Wednesday. He went to the doctor for his shots and measurements - he weighs 23+ pounds and is 30 1/2 inches long. He's healthy as a horse and very happy. We celebrated his birthday today at the park. I invited all his little buddies and families from church and my school to come and eat pizza and cake at the park. It was beautiful weather - 78 degrees - and the park was nearly empty, so we had a great time! Kaeden particularily liked going down the slide, and there were plenty of little buddies to slide with him. Below are a bunch of movies that I took while we were there...



Because Wednesday was his offical birthday, and because I just couldn't wait, we opened one present early. Kaeden loves to pound on things, so when I found that wooden tool bench with the dowels and hammer, I couldn't resist. He loved it! In fact, if either Kevin or I tried to play with it, he got very mad - he didn't want to share for the first time ever! The video below shows his tool bench, plus him opening the presents at the park today. He loved tearing the paper off! I think it's funny how all the other kids wanted to help him, and were so mad that Kevin got to help and they couldn't.



This last video is of everyone singing to Kaeden and him trying his cake. He loved the cookies I had given him earlier, and I didn't doubt that he'd like the cake. What I didn't figure on was how tentative he would be at first. Plus, all the other kids wanted him to just dive in, so he got distracted. I think it's hilarious how he pokes at it with his finger. But the cake he did get on his hands he played with for the next ten minutes...



All in all it was a great 1st birthday party. We sent all the kiddies home with great sugar-highs and brought our own goodies home. Kaeden immediately went around playing with each of his toys til he passed out. Kevin followed shortly after, blissfully snoring on the couch. Now, off to nap-time for me!!

1 comment:

Anne-Marie said...

That is so dang fun! I can't believe it's been a year already. Oiy time flies!! I love those dowel things, they are CLASSIC!! Here's to another great year! Happy Birthday little dude!