Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!!

Hard to believe that Kaeden was only 2 weeks old this time last year! He slept through the trunk or treat then, he walked around and around and around it this year! Last year he was a pumpkin, this year he was the Incredible Hulk! He didn't mind the costume, but DID NOT like the little hat that went with it. He also liked to carry his little candy basket around, thanks Grandma Great!




We went to our church trunk or treat tonight. There was a chili dinner, games for the kids and then we decorated our trunks and passed out tons of candy. Kaeden actually had a great time...playing with all the rocks :-) He wasn't much interested in the costumes or games, he just wanted to throw rocks all night. He also like to run around the light generator and yell at it, cuz it was making so much noise.



I was super excited to decorate the truck - my brother Tieg left his while he flew to Montana to go hunting, so we had the big black monster truck to use! My good friend Liz and I both put together our pumpkins and some cobwebs, and grabbed some of the old boots Tieg had left in the back to use as decorations and called it good. Actually, I think it turned out pretty good...



Kevin, being the oh-so-festive-loving-one of us was the candy passer-outer while Kaeden and I took our little basket around and trunk or treated. He actually walked most of it, then got a little whiny so I carried him. He was awfully content after that, and I was so into getting candy I didn't notice why for a bit...then I noticed he was slobbering everywhere, and found he had snagged a tootsie pop from the basket and was sucking on it to his hearts content. (Yes, I let my 1 year old eat candy, I'm a bad mom :-) )



By the time all the candy was handed out, we were all ready to go home. We posed for family Halloween pics...



then it was off to give Kaeden a bath to get the sucker out of his hair and off to bed. Hope everyone else had a Happy Halloween, too!

1 comment:

Anne-Marie said...

So fun! trunk or treats in Ut just aren't the same... and, btw, Julianne and I shared a tootsie pop this evening as well. If it makes you feel any better :)