Monday, October 6, 2008

Pregnancy 101

With only a week left (fingers crossed!!) I've been contemplating the things I have learned about being pregnant - and created a little list of observations about my state of affairs the last nine months. Enjoy!

10. Most people could eat and eat while pregnant - I have not been so fortunate and have had to moderate my eating (those who know my eating habits before pregnancy can mourn my lack of appetite with me). I can't wait to be able to finish a full meal again!!

9. During morning sickness, or as I called it All Day Sickness, always make sure to eat things that taste good going both ways.

8. Sleeping is non-existant at this point. And with the baby fussing and Kevin working nights, sleeping will remain non-existant until I'm dead.

7. Swollen feet just hit, as well as swollen fingers, and they are not comfortable. If I dared walk around my classroom bare-foot, I totally would.

6. For the first time ever, Kevin is turning up the air conditioning! I can't get enough cold air and our poor AC bill is horrible - never good to be pregnant during a summer in Vegas!

5. Thank heaven for post its, or I would never know what I need to do during the day - both at school and at home. If I don't write it down, I can't remember it to save my life. I now know what a goldfish feels like!

4. The best foods in the world - pickles and ice cubes (Not necessarily together). And the best ice cubes are the little circular pieces that no one ever seems to use anymore...sniff...

3. I have a reserved stall in the bathroom at school - can't wait to be able to pee longer than 3 seconds at a time. If ever you wonder where Ticey (or Mrs. Christenson as I am known there) is, check the nearest restroom.

2. Anything dropped on the floor will live there until someone else comes along to pick it up. At school this is not that much of a problem, I can guilt the kids into picking up anything for me - at home, not so much. (Kevin will help put my shoes and socks on though, he's sweet).

1. I am now so used to having my belly jump around on its own it will be weird to have it be still, and have something in my lap instead!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Okay, so I had to comment on this post. Hilarious! Just a few comforting thoughts: Your appetite will come back and you will probably be ravenous and dying of thirst after you have the baby, whether you nurse or not. The sleeping gets better as the baby gets older, and eventually you will sleep through the night again. (I just gave that up.) No matter the season, PG women are ALWAYS hot. Your memory will probably get worse with each pregnancy. Mine did, I think. :o)In the end, all these 'side effects' are worth it, but it is easier to take care of them on the inside than on the outside. SOO excited for y'all and can't wait to see the baby boy!! (Sorry for writing a novel.)

Anne-Marie said...

welcome to the world of mommy! It's funny how all these things hit you at once, eh? Just so you know, you still may not be able to eat an entire meal in one sitting. My kids always decided they were hungry AS SOON as I sat down to eat mine. :) Good luck!

Nate and Tasha said...

Wow! I am so glad to see that you are doing well and have a babe on the way! Wahoo!! We just had our #2 on 9/9/08, a boy. I am so excited for you and next time we are driving through Vegas, we will stop by (maybe Christmas???) Keep in touch and good luck with the delivery and having the new little guy. (I must say, sleep in scarce at our house right now)