Tuesday, September 23, 2008

baby shower


This last Saturday the ladies of my ward were kind enough to throw me a baby shower. It was a blast! Showers are always cute and fun because they are all about babies, but this one was awesome. There was, of course, great food and decorations, but the company is what made it so spectacular. The ladies of my ward are hilarious. We played a few games: match the animal as a grown up to the animal as a baby (ie: duck with duckling, sheep with kid) and remember all the stuff on the tray. But for me, the best games was the "Baby Powder Game." I'd not played this one before. There are a bunch of baggies all filled with a white powder. It was our job to determine what each powder was - and there were some doosies! Anything from flour and sugar to comet and dried milk! It was hilarious to see people try and smell or taste the powders to see what they were. (Play this game with caution - especially if you are using non-edible powders!)




The gifts were also wonderful. All the cute clothes and outfits - this poor baby will be my living doll just so I can dress him in all his cute new clothes. There was also things I didn't even think of, even after all my baby-must-have lists. Things like a thermometer for the bathtub or a bottle brush. They even have single serving packets of baby formula for on the road, like koolaid or crystal light! It was a great day, and I'm so thankful for such fabulous ladies in my ward who are so excited for this baby, too!




Thank you ladies!!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

You will probably find yourself changing his outfit 3 times a day, just so he gets to wear all the clothes he fits into, at least once. They grow fast!! James is already moving into 3-6 month clothes and size 2 diapers. He's barely 2 months old!! AAAHHHHHH!

dankirty said...

Looks like lots of fun! I can't believe you are so close, man that went by so fast. You will need all of those cute outfits when he pees all over everything. Boys are the best!

Danielle said...

I'm glad the ladies down there are taking care of you!! I hope you are updating your registry with all the gifts you got so I will know what you still need :) AH! So excited!