Sunday, August 31, 2008

Back to School...

Well, with fall comes the inevitable - school. Most parents are eager to send their children off to get some peace and quiet at home, and perhaps something done. All summer they've been busy, and now it's time for a break from the kids. I, on the other hand, am the one who get the kidsall day, so I'm back to work! School is upon us, and this is where I earn my paycheck. Usually I'm pretty excited to get back to work, a routine, but with the baby coming, I'm just counting down days: til he's born and my leave starts, then from the end of my leave until Christmas break. My new students are all very happy for me, and last years kids are going beserk! I didn't have much of a belly before summer, so they think it's great to see me like this. I just smile, waddle and wave.

Actually, this last week has gone by really fast. The new students are a lot more well behaved (hooray!) and although class sizes are still high (36 ish) it feels like it's going to be a good year. Course, we'll see after the honeymoon period is over :-)

Things are starting to speed up in the baby department. All the big furniture has been obtained (thank you so much grandparents-to-be), clothes are being bought, and Kevin is working on the remodel. Mostly just tearing down at this point, but we're up and running, so it's all good. Kevin is also shopping around for a night job, so we don't pay and arm and leg for child care. He'll be home with the baby during the day, and I'll be home with him at night. Let's just keep our fingers crossed that the sleep deprivation won't be that bad!

Also, we have bought ourselves a new baby-mobile! Kevin's brother Eric was fabulous enough to sell us his beloved Accura.



I am totally in love with this car!! It looks awesome, drives wonderfully, and has AIR CONDITIONING!! Yes, for 4 years we've lived in Vegas with no a/c in our vehicle. I don't know how we've survived, but now...sigh...life is beautiful!




Kevin teases me that I'm going to get pulled over for driving what I call the 'sports car' but I just laugh - I've got the a/c and he's just jealous! It's great to be a 2 car family, he can sleep in for work when I leave, and I don't have to wait for him to get off to come home from school. It's been a blessing that our schedules have worked out pretty close so far, but with him going graveyard, and with no a/c for a baby this just is great. A million thank you's to Eric for takin' one for the family!!

3 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

i'm glad that school is going well for you so far! I'm sure it will all work out just right :) congrats on the "new" car! "new" is SO fun! I can't wait to see you...someday, we may actually get settled there :)

Brady and Jess said...

SWEET ride...We should plan a weekend to come down and see ya...and ride in your sweet car! Miss you little sis...its been too long!

Heidi said...

Congrats on the second car!! I'm jealous! Hope school continues to go well. :o)