Monday, September 14, 2009

Kruisin Kaeden

For the past several weeks, Kaeden has been getting more and more comfortable walking on his own. Kevin and I will practice with him, sending him back and forth between us, but usually he get tired quickly. He's more interested in getting somewhere crawling or hanging on to the furniture, although he hardly needs it.

Yesterday, we all went to a dinner with some other families in our ward that have kids all about the same age. There were four families altogether, and the oldest 2 kids were 4 years old. Throughout the night all our kids were really good at playing with each other, and we were so happy to see this. Then the 4 year olds started racing from one room to the next. As they were good at running around the younger kids, we adults didn't mind much. Kaeden got a huge kick out of watching the races, he thought they were so funny. Then he tried to join in...it was hilarious to watch him, huge grin on his face, trying to toddle as fast as he could after the older kids. I was amazed to see him let go of all furniture, both hands up in the air for balance, toddling away. I was a complete bonehead and forgot to grab the camera for this dinner, but I got some video of Kaeden today here at home...I can't believe my baby is now a toddler!! :-)


3 comments:

Nate and Jamie said...

Ok where was I when Kaeden was walking around my house?? LOL I don't think I ever saw him do this last night. That is amazing!! Go Kaeden!

Anne-Marie said...

It happens SOOO fast, and btw, NOTHING is sacred now!

Heidi said...

I love how they all do the 'Frankenstein' walk with their arms. You think he was into stuff before, watch out lady!! :) Have fun!