Friday, May 15, 2009

Summer can't get here fast enough...

Bit of a vent here - I can't believe this last week at school. The craziness has been brewing since February and finally blew! All week long it has been like pulling teeth to get my students to settle down, be quiet and actually work. I can't do anything to get them to turn in work, homework or classwork, I'm tired of them, they're tired of everything - it's awful.

Then yesterday there were two fights, one at lunch and one after school. Last night we were broken into, and several teachers rooms were totally trashed - windows in the doors busted out, computers smashed, personal belongings tossed. Luckily we have these little things called cameras, so we caught the vandals, but we were 20 minutes late getting started today due to glass clean up.

Then my students started acting up, too. Gum smeared across desktops, my whiteboard, laptops written upon (we're doing a project), and name calling like you wouldn't believe! These kids are just so mean to each other. I had to write dean's referrals in almost every class today just to keep fights from breaking out between kids.


I tell ya, summer can't get here fast enough!!

4 comments:

Nate and Jamie said...

I totally feel ya on this post. Crazy about your school getting busted into....Nate

Heidi said...

At least it's the last week. My oldest doesn't get out until June 4th. The end is in sight!!!

Ticey said...

not the last week - we get out on the 4th, too. it's down to survival of the fittest!!

Nate and Tasha said...

Wow! sounds a little crazy! I would be ready for summer too! Only 4 days to go. I hope you have a lot of R & R planned. Looks like you definitely deserve it :)