Saturday, January 24, 2009

3 month update



I can't believe he's 3 months old already! Our little hobbit is growing! Still at almost 17 pounds, Kaeden is getting more aware of his surroundings. He loves to watch lights, so in the evening we go out in the backyard and watch the cars that drive down the street. He's getting really good at hearing the cars and turning to try and watch, although his head is about a second behind following the car as it drives by. He also likes to watch the sunlight filter through trees, so as we go for a walk in the afternoon, I'll stop under the trees and he'll watch for a bit.







He also likes to know where Kevin is around the house while I hold him. Kaeden will watch Kevin as he plays with the dog or as he just walks around, and smile when Kevin looks in his direction. Kaeden knows the difference between me and Kevin, and has special smiles for us both - a big huge one for me and a half one for Kevin. He loves to play 'patty cake' and I've almost gotten a full blown laugh as we play, but not quite yet!

While Kaeden doesn't like to be on his stomach long, he does lift his head and kick his legs like he's crawling. The problem is he has no arm strength to lift his chest up, so he cries after a bit. Besides, he'd rather stand! Kevin thinks he'll just start walking, skipping the whole crawling part. (I doubt it, but it's so cute to see him standing, with help, and just smile and smile!)



He also seems to know what a camera is, as he'll be doing something so cute and I'll grab the camera to take a pic, and then he'll just stare at me. Hence all the deer-in-the-headlight shots. Kevin has to stand behind me and distract him to get smiling shots! I hope he appreciates all we go through for these pics when he's older!! :-)

3 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

He is so big! I can't believe it! 3 months already? Sheesh! You gotta love those cheeks! Sit and kiss them all day :)

Heidi said...

It goes by SO fast!! The upper bpdy strength will come. I used to have to make Blake deal with it while I was in the shower. He got used to it, and I couldn't rescue him immediately when he fussed. Kaeden is SO cute!

Nate and Tasha said...

He is so darn cute. Looks so much like Kevin (and you too, don't worry :) I love all the firsts - it is so much fun watching them learn about the world around them. Keep up the good work!