Monday, July 7, 2008

Hooray for the 4th!

I love the 4th of July! And not just cuz it means my birthday is coming :-) I love the bbq's and the park, the flags and the fireworks! Most especially the fireworks. I wait all day for night to come so I can see the shows. It's hard to do much during the day in Vegas, it gets so hot, but we tried this year. Our bbq didn't work out as we planned, but I had enough food and fireworks for just our little family. I enjoyed getting steaks ready, having some corn on the cob and shrimp to go with, and wash it down with some IBC rootbeer or cream soda (a staple at our house!). Once dark started to fall, it was easy to get a front seat to fireworks, just step outside!

We celebrated at our house, out back. Kevin and I got into a bit of a pop-it war and waved our sparklers at the neighbors and the cops driving by (spotlighting for illegal fireworks). Our cat, Willie, doesn't like all the noise so he hid in the house most of the night. Our dog, Tok, didn't quite know what to make of the sparklers. He was interested until he burnt his nose, anyway.


He was fascinated with everything else, the fountains especially.





Low key, but so fun for just our little family. Baby kicked at the noise, although in fright or fun, I'm not sure. He likes to move around a lot when there's lots of noise (singing in church, music in the house, crowded restaurants, etc), but whether it's cuz he likes it or not has yet to be seen!

Hoping yours was a great holiday too!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

You look so cute pregnant!! I'm so jealous!

Taurean said...

What the crap, i'm the only one that voted for Kael? Thats a really cool name. Do it, Dooooo it

dankirty said...

Sounds like lots of fun. You look so cute prego!!

Anne-Marie said...

I love fireworks, too!! It totally rocks that we can watch the stadium display from my in-law's house :)